I remember how I realised at the end of last year how few books I have managed to read during that year. In fact I was even a little bit shocked about it. So something had to be done and I challenged myself to read at leas one book more during this year.
TL;DR I managed, even though I still don’t read as much as I would like to. I planned to read a bit every day, and mostly I succeeded with that. Even though I can read everywhere with the Kindle App getting a Kindle Paperwhite was a huge help for achieving my goal. It makes for a very nice reading experience.
Additionally I gave audiobooks a more serious try and realised that I like it a lot, as it gives me the chance to read a book while going to work or walking the dog and such. I have linked to quite a few already and most of them are available both on Spotify and Google Music.
But here now the list of books and audiobooks that I finished during this year:
- Mary Roach: Packing for Mars
- Aaron Mahnke: Consumed
- Aaron Mahnke: Grave Suspicion
- Stephen King: 11.22.69
- Jack Finney: Time And Again
- James Harriot: All Creatures Great And Small
- Bram Stoker: Dracula
- Charles Bukowski: Der Mann mit der Ledertasche
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Shadow over Innsmouth
- H.P.Lovecraft: The Dunwich Horror & The Thing on the Doorstep
- H.P.Lovecraft: Imprisioned with the Pharaoahs & other stories
- H.P.Lovecraft: The Whisperer in Darkness Spotify
- J.R.R.Tolkien: The Hobbit
- Mary Shelley: Frankenstein
- Dan Brown: Sakrileg (The DaVinci Code)
- Stephen King: Nachtschicht
- Stephen King: Nachtschicht II
- Stephen King: Das Mädchen
- Stephen King: The Shining
Naturally I will have to challenge myself again and try to, again, finish at least one more book than this year. Compared to last year I have doubled it during this year, but I don’t expect that to happen again. But hey, seven books seems manageable.
I guess I will figure out in December 2016.Posted in: Article • Reading